Instructions for participants
We, who are running the event, pledge to provide a meaningful experience for all participants. We will
- Identify and address barriers that might affect meaningful use of mobile devices
- Co-create a curriculum that will equip participants with skills and meet their expectations
- Freely share and distribute the toolkit as creative commons resources
You will be able to create, share, and connect with each other around topics that relate to reading, mobile devices and libraries. We’d like you to commit to involving yourself in this workshop by making a pledge to take a partnership role in this event.
For the facilitator
You should decide how you want participants to express this pledge. It might take the form of a contract, or it could be more creative.
I ____________________(insert name) recognise my responsibility within this mLiteracy workshop to be an active participant, to take responsibility for my learning and to work in collaboration with colleagues and foster an environment where we all can expand our knowledge.
Status Update Pledge
Think about what you want to do after completing the mliteracy workshop. Write a statement of intent. Create your own motto or slogan. The post it to your social media status
Use the status wall and ask participants to update their status, where they describe how they are feeling about the workshop and their role in it.
Step 1 – What should go into the pledge?
You will have to decide whether you will be a participative workshop attendant.
• How participative do you plan to be?
• How valuable an experience do you plan to make this workshop?
• How much risk do you plan to take?
• What do you plan to do with your learning?
Step 2 – Draft your pledge.
How do you want to express your intention to participate in this workshop?
• Write a statement of intent
• Create your own motto or slogan
• Compose a poem, song or rap
• Take a picture
Step 3 – Post your pledge
Where do you intend to post your pledge?
• Via WhatsApp
• On Your Status
• On paper
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.