Mliteracy – Activities
Instructions for participants
You are going to articulate your expectations (both positive and negative) about the introduction of mobile phones into the library. Please select two pictures from a bank of “Hopes & Fears Cards” and explain how these images symbolize your hopes and fears with respect to the use of mobile phones in the library.
- “Hopes & Fears” Cards
For the facilitator
If you have printed out the cards, then follow these instructions below. Otherwise use the images on the mLiteracy instagram site
Offer a choice
- Identify a suitable and large enough surface on which you can place the 50 Hopes and Fears cards.
- Lay all the cards out on the surface table. Remember to spread them out so that each picture is visible.
- Set out a range of colourful felt tip pens for writing.
- Give participants a set period of time to pick a card that summarises their hope/fear that they have for the project/issue/challenge.
- Ask participants to write 1 or 2 words in the space that summarises their hope and fear.
Share & Listen
- Decide what you want to address first, hopes or fears.
- Bring everyone together to share their hope/fear. If group is too large then ask people to get into groups and share amongst themselves.
- Repeat for the opposite.
Credit: Adapted from the @PolicyLabUK under the Open Government Licence